WHAT IS BOWEN THERAPY?
Bowen therapy (or Bowenwork), is a highly effective, drug-free therapy for pain relief. This natural, gentle form of bodywork was created over 50 years ago in Australia and is now practised worldwide.Bowenwork acts upon the fascia and nervous system to address the root cause of musculoskeletal and neurological pain as well as other ailments.
Bowenwork triggers a whole body healing response that is helpful in alleviating back pain, sciatica, arthritis, migraines, fibromyalgia, neck and shoulder issues, neuralgia and much more.
Bowen therapy is completely non-invasive. No needles, drugs, nor machines are required. It is safe for everyone from newborns to the elderly including expectant mothers and athletes. Treatments are relaxing and for the most part, performed over clothing
A bowen treatment involves a series of short, gentle moves applied with the hands to very specific points on the body. Each set of moves is interspersed with crucial pauses to allow the body time to respond to the treatment. The bowen moves generate neurological impulses which trigger the brain and nervous system to relax muscles, tendons and ligaments, releasing pinched nerves, tension and stress. These neurological impulses continue to work for approximately one week after receiving the treatment.
Bowen therapy is very distinct and differs from other forms of therapy in that:
- no oils, lotions, machines or drugs are used
- there is no need to have clients undress - treatments can be administered through clothing
- no manipulations of the skeletal system are required
- often only a few treatments are required for lasting relief
- treatments are easy on the practitioner's body
- treatment for one issue can help balance and improve the health of the entire body
- it is safe for any age or state of health including the elderly, pregnant/nursing/postpartum moms, babies and children, athletes, accident victims, etc
- multiple clients can be treated at the same time thereby increasing your income and/or decreasing the amount of time you need to spend working.
A rewarding health career with true work/life balance. Enrol Now!
Copyright 2012 Canadian Bowenwork School
All Rights Reserved
Share this website with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or via Email: